Information Systems Overview
The Master of Science in Information Systems program is designed to prepare students for leading roles in IT. The program is focused on providing knowledge and skills to apply the principles and concepts related to the development and management of information systems and technology locally and globally.
You could earn your Master's in less than 15 months through our year-round schedule.
The program is designed for IT professionals, executives, and baccalaureate degree graduates who realize the necessity of delivering value to customers through information technology.
Provides students with theoretical, practical, and applied skills in computer-based information systems and the technologies that support them.
Offers a broad perspective of the business and management environments in which information system technologies play a strategic role.
What You Can Learn In Information Systems
The Information Systems curriculum builds on a foundation of:
- Communication and problem solving
- Theoretical and applied understanding of basic technical concepts, protocols, and software/hardware components of information systems technologies
Students can enhance their understanding and practical knowledge of:
- Desktop, mobile, and web technologies
- Software and mobile app development
- Database management
- Information assurance and information system security management
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Systems analysis
Graduates from the Information Systems program will be prepared to:
- Understand how basic software development and networking concepts apply to cloud computing and virtualization.
- Design, implement, and manage a complex relational database.
- Manage an information system project from conception through closure.
- Be aware of information assurance issues, and the essential skills required to implement and maintain security in information systems.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems on business operations and prescribe remedies.
- Design and implement an information system using the appropriate programming paradigm and programming language.
- Design and implement desktop, mobile, and web applications.
Why Choose ECPI Master's Program?
ECPI University . . . A Leader in Technology Education for 45 Years!
Industry-Driven Curriculum Developed Through Ongoing Employer Feedback
- The University works closely with industry to ensure the currency and relevancy of the curriculum to the technology needs of organizations today.
- While many other graduate programs focus on theory coursework, ECPI's balances theory and application, which keeps with ECPI University's tradition of hands-on learning.
- Courses within the ECPI master's degree program emphasize applied, constructive research.
- ECPI requires a two-course capstone. This provides more depth and opportunities for collaboration between students and employers/potential employers.
Core Courses Addressing Current and Future Real-world Conditions
The program's core courses prepare students in the following areas:
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Database Management Systems
- Information Assurance
- Project Management
- Desktop, Web, and Mobile Application Development
Students are exposed to emerging technologies that are shaping the enterprise computing environment in organizations.
Faculty Who Are IT Professionals
- In addition to a curriculum based on industry standards, courses are developed and taught by faculty who are experienced IT professionals.
- Faculty bring their experience and skills into the classroom to help students develop the skills in demand by organizations today.