Mechatronics - Bachelor's
Interested in automated manufacturing? Do you often wonder how things are made and how they work? Do you like working with your hands? If so, a career in Mechatronics may be for you.
Learn to develop and troubleshoot robotics, programmable controllers, and integrated systems.
Skills in the Mechatronics field can be applied in various areas including maintenance and repair, installation, quality assurance, and research and development.
In 2.5 years, through our year-round schedule, you can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology with a concentration in Mechatronics.
What You Can Learn in Mechatronics
Our Mechantronics program field focuses on real-world application of engineering principles. Engineering technologists are usually the link between the engineers and the technicians. They work with engineers from the conception phase of a product to the final production and assist in the design, development, testing, and production of electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment and components.
Your Mechatronics studies will focus on core areas such as:
- Applied Mechanics
- Programmable Controllers
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Testing and measuring instruments.
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Materials Science
- Analog/Digital Electronics and Communications
- Automation and Control Systems
- Computer Programming and Networks
Building upon ECPI's tradition of providing an interactive hands-on education in technology, our objective is for you to:
- Use testing and measuring instruments to acquire data, analyze problems, and design a system or process.
- Identify, analyze and solve technical problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage engineering technology projects.
- Analyze and implement systems containing hardware and software components.
Where You Can Go in Mechatronics
Mechatronics graduates are typically employed in areas such as:
- Engineering Consultant
- Electrical/Computer Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Industrial Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Computer Engineering Technician
- Electronic Engineering Technician