Simulation & Game Programming - Bachelor's
Simulation and Game Programming Overview
If you enjoy electronic games and you are curious about what goes on behind the games, then consider a career in Simulation and Game Programming. In 2.5 years, through our year-round schedule, you can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Simulation and Game Programming.
This program focuses on "real world" simulation, game programming, modeling, and incorporating fundamentals of computer programming.
ECPI can help you take your career beyond the game! The curriculum provides graduates with the education and experience needed for employment in a variety of industries including:
- Product Design
- Military Simulation and Training
- Educational, Corporate, and Medical Training
An Associate Degree program is also available which prepares the graduate for entry-level employment in the Simulation and Game Programming field.
What You Can Learn in Simulation and Game Programming
Building upon ECPI's tradition of providing an interactive and "real world" hands-on education, you can:
- Create simulation and modeling software programs.
- Apply math, logic, and science skills to create 2D/3D interactive programs.
- Learn project management skills.
- Gain firsthand experience through externships.
- In addition to general education, the program focuses on:
- 2D/3D Animation/Graphics Programming and Modeling
- Simulation and Game Engine Design
- Programming Simulations of Systems
- Database Scripting
Upon graduation, you will understand the "team-oriented" nature of this field from a program developer's perspective.
Where You Can Go in Simulation and Game Programming
- Simulation and Game Programming professionals are employed in a wide spectrum of areas.
- Systems Analysis
- Computer Programming
- Database Design and Administration
- Aircraft and Automobile/Truck Driving Simulation
- Design and Development of "Virtual" Products to Support Education, Corporate, Medical and Military areas