Baran Institute of Technology Diesel Technology Program puts a whole new meaning to the words "HANDS ON". Baran's students are involved in all aspects of the diesel industry -- from hydraulics to major overhauls on today's leaders like Cummins, Mack, Detroit and CAT. See what a difference the Baran experience can make.
The Diesel Technology Program is an 85.50 quarter-credit-hour program. After you have been instructed in the basic theory, you will apply it with your hands, in the shop, and on practical work. In most cases, practical work will be accomplished on individual components and trucks. All major truck diesel engines are included with training on Cummins, Detroit , Mack, Caterpillar, and GMC automotive diesel.
Diesel Technology Program graduates are qualified as entry-level diesel technicians. You may work in a dealership, local repair facility, or transmission shop.
Maximum shop/lab size: 20 students per instructor
Maximum class size: 40 students
Program Length: 12 months days/24 months evenings
Features and Benefits
- ASE test dates are posted at the school
- Able to obtain Federal Air Brake Certification while in school
- Opportunity to obtain Federal IMACA License while in school
- Opportunity to obtain Class A Driver License (CDL) if you take the Diesel/CDL Technology Program
- Valvoline Lubrication Certification while in school