Master of Science Criminal Justice Critical Incident Mgt
Learn law enforcement skills to manage complex global risks and disasters.
The School of Education & Social Services offers several competitive, quality graduate degree programs, and the online M.S. in criminal justice with a critical incident management specialization is no exception.
In light of recent disasters and world events, it is increasingly important for criminal justice administrators, first responders, government officials, and organizations to understand how to manage critical incidents, psychological aspects of disasters, hazard mitigation, and risk identification.
Saint Leo University's criminal justice program director, Dr. Robert J. Diemer, has nearly 30 years of varied investigative experience, and is known across Florida and, increasingly, among national law enforcement at local, state, and federal agency levels. Dr. Diemer has served as a Deputy Sheriff, State Coordinator for the Florida Sheriff’s Association Statewide Task Force, and Chief of Investigations for the Florida Department of Environmental Protections Division of Law Enforcement. Dr. Diemer was also responsible for managing and coordinating the operations of the Florida Department of Environmental Protections Environmental Terrorism Response Team.
Critical incident management courses explore:
- The impact of terrorism on homeland security
- Management of critical incident operations
- Risk identification and assessment
- Psychological aspects of critical incidents
- Hostage negotiations
- Preventing terrorist attacks
You will also achieve a broad background in the field through general M.S. in criminal justice courses including those that address:
- Ethical and legal issues
- Public policy-making, evaluation and implementation
- Leadership, management and supervision
- Offender treatment methodology
- Human resources issues and innovations
- Forensic science and medicolegal death investigation
- Information resource systems and technologies
- Fiscal resource management for short and long-term planning
- Personnel law
- Major trends and conditions in the future of criminal justice
One of the leading military colleges in the United States, Saint Leo University has been educating criminal justice professionals for more than three decades. In the Catholic spirit, we base our criminal justice model on a steadfast moral consciousness that recognizes the dignity, value, and gifts of all people.