Master of Business Administration: Accounting Major
Gain the professional skills and experiences to become a successful business leader with the School of Business' online M.B.A. with a concentration in accounting.
The curriculum provides an understanding of business fundamentals and accounting concepts in today's fast-changing business environment.
Accounting concentration courses explore:
- Fund accounting for government, not-for-profit and health care organizations
- Fraud examination
- Cost accounting with emphasis on cost analysis, capital budgeting and activity-based costing
- Business law for the accountant
- Financial statement analysis using accounting principles, measurement and reporting practices
You will also achieve a broad background in business through general M.B.A. courses including those that address:
- Core business management functions
- Oral and written business communication
- Effective team membership and leadership in work partnerships and cross-functional collaborative efforts
- Ethical, economically responsible business decisions in the context of a diverse set of stakeholders
- Business implications of the new economy and applying widely used technologies to management issues
In addition to the analytical tools and technologies necessary to solve complex management problems, our M.B.A. program emphasizes leadership skills within Saint Leo University's core values and traditions.
Our online M.B.A. is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), a professional accreditor for business programs in student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world.