Master of Business Administration: Sport Business
Prepare for a successful career with professional sport franchises, facilities, sporting goods retailers and athletic departments.
The School of Business' online M.B.A. with a sport business concentration is the first M.B.A. sport business program in the nation to be accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Designed with flagship rigor, and delivered by internationally-recognized faculty, Saint Leo's program has been recognized in 2012 by SportBusiness International as the 17th best sport-related graduate degree in the world - of which only five of the ranked schools are in the United States.
The curriculum provides comprehensive exposure to current applications related to sport business such as:
- Strategic management
- Sales and marketing
- Risk management
- Legal issues
- Facility planning and management
- Financial aspects of sport
- Research in sport
You will also achieve a broad background in business through general M.B.A. courses including those that address:
- Core business management functions
- Oral and written business communication
- Effective team membership and leadership in work partnerships and cross-functional collaborative efforts
- Ethical, economically responsible business decisions in the context of a diverse set of stakeholders
- Business implications of the new economy and applying widely used technologies to management issues.
In addition to the analytical tools and technologies necessary to solve complex management problems, our M.B.A. program emphasizes leadership skills within Saint Leo University's core values and traditions.
Our online M.B.A. is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), a professional accreditor for business programs in student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world.