Graduate Certificate - Accounting
The School of Business' graduate certificate in accounting is designed to help you gain employment, as many employers prefer graduates who are CPA eligible, and Saint Leo University's program provides the shortest route to satisfy the requirements to sit for the CPA.
Our online graduate certificate in accounting helps you:
- Meet the requirement to sit for the CPA examination in those states where 150 hours is still required without having to complete a master's degree in accounting;
- Satisfy the need for those who have already passed the CPA examination and require 150 hours to become licensed;
- Gain employment, as many employers in the accounting profession prefer graduates who are CPA eligible;
- Gain knowledge and skills in the accounting areas that are generally not covered at the undergraduate level;
- Study at their own convenience, as these courses will be offered online.
Accounting courses explore:
- Fund accounting for government, not-for-profit, and health care organizations
- Fraud examination
- Cost accounting with emphasis on cost analysis, capital budgeting, and activity-based costing
- Business law for the accountant
- Financial statement analysis using accounting principles, measurement, and reporting practices
Our online graduate certificate in accounting is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), a professional accreditor for business programs in student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world.