College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best place to work in the Uni
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm 

If you have to do a work study to help pay the bills, what is the best part of the University to do a work study? I would hate to get stuck working in a book store or doing something like that.

Post subject: Re: Best place to work in the Uni
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 am 

Basically anywhere you don't have to exert a lot of energy would be good, right? ;) Probably the library would be a good work study job-- really all you do is move books around, which doesn't take a lot of effort. Or maybe somewhere where'd you have to do clerical stuff? Like in the math department or somewhere like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 pm 

I actually did work at the school book store, and I really liked it. :? But maybe what'd be best for you would be if you tried to get a job that worked with your major/what you want to do after college. Like, if you're hoping to be a marine biologist, maybe you can get a job as a lab assistant or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:24 pm 

The book store is actually a cool place to work. At my school the book store is actually also the main store for the campus so they also sell a bunch of other things. Students also like to work at some of the cafes that get less traffic.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 am 

I would love to work in a book store. The less labor and stress for me, the better. I think in college one will deal with plenty of worries. Who needs added stress?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:26 pm 

Be a rent a cop. My friend did that and made a ton of money for doing nothing, and he got us into places after hours and let us park wherever we wanted. LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 pm 

heathmike wrote:
Be a rent a cop. My friend did that and made a ton of money for doing nothing, and he got us into places after hours and let us park wherever we wanted. LOL!

Love that idea! Can women do it too? Well, I imagine they can. Especially if one hardly does anything. Actually, I've never heard of that. I am wondering what credentials (if any) and what rules and duties are involved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:54 pm 

Reagan wrote:
heathmike wrote:

Love that idea! Can women do it too? Well, I imagine they can. Especially if one hardly does anything. Actually, I've never heard of that. I am wondering what credentials (if any) and what rules and duties are involved.

I think you have to pass a test, and maybe go through a bit of training. But it shouldn't be as hard as becoming an actual police officer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:58 am 

The library would be ideal. During the down times, you could study or work on your own projects. Plus, it's quiet.