College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Study abroad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 pm 

Did anyone here study abroad for a semester (or two)? I never did, which I kind of regret. A friend of mine studied abroad in Scotland and really loved it, which makes me wish I had gone abroad even more!

Post subject: Re: Study abroad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

No, but one of my college roommates did the Semester at Sea program. She really loved it and said it changed her life.

I have also always regretted that I never looked into doing semester abroad. I just sort of had the idea that I couldn't do it, for various reasons. I should have at least looked into it before deciding it wouldn't work for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm 

I would love to study abroad but I don't think I'll get the chance, at least not now. I just don't have the money and it's just so convenient to stay here and finish my degree.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 am 

I would love to have studied abroad but unfortunately, that never happened. I would always encourage anyone who has the opportunity to study abroad or work abroad. The experience seems invaluable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:55 am 

I would really like to, but it seems like you would have to have a lot of money to do it. I was also wondering - do you learn anything differently than you would if you didn't travel overseas, or is it just the experience of being in another country that you gain?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:39 am 

I would have loved to study abroad, but never found an opportunity I could afford. Living in another country would've been such an educational experience for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:41 am 

Studying abroad has always been one my dreams. I wasn't able to do it in college, but I'm still looking forward to pursuing a graduate or post-graduate course abroad. Living in another country and being immersed in a different culture is an amazing and fruitful experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:48 am 

Are there certain courses you would have to take to study abroad? Do you actually learn something about other cultures, or is it just learning your regular courses, just in a different country?

Post subject: Study abroad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:14 pm 

Study Abroad is a life-changing experience and one of the most rewarding things in life.
I was looking for best countries for study abroad having good weather, english speaking and low cost of living and i got some countries like United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, Australia, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, China and Cost Rica.
Can anyone tell me that which one is best ?