College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: College Food
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:45 pm 

How is the food and where do students usually go to eat? Do the dining halls have nutritious meals and healthy fruits and vegtables? I hope they don't have more junk food than good food.

Post subject: Re: College Food
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm 

In my experience, the food is usually expensive and of subpar quality. At least on campus it is! If you go off campus there's normally a lot of more options for healthy and cheap (sort of cheap, anyway) food.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:27 am 

I enjoyed eating on campus. The meals were good and there was always a variety of items to choose from. There was a cafeteria, a burger place, a fancy restaurant and a coffee shop, all of which you could use your meal cards to purchase from. I guess it just depends on which campus you are on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:05 pm 

Campus food can be so expensive, so I make a lot of food in my dorm. However, when I do dine on campus I just go to the normal dining hall. They do a pretty good job of having fruit or vegetables around. I feel like it's pretty balanced. Also, many campuses will take special requests. For example, I require a low sodium diet, so when I do go to the dining campus, I always submit my special food request form, and they make a low sodium meal just for me! It's pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:52 pm 

At my school if you live in the residence halls you have to have a meal plan. It's part of paying for the dorms. You have access to 4 different dining halls and they all have different foods. They have a lot of good food, not really a ton of junk. I guess it just depends on where you go.