College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Library or Bookstore?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 am 

I've noticed I can get a lot of my books from the library, either the local or the university. Do you find some of your books are available from an interlink library type system? Or do you still have to rent or buy all of your books?

Post subject: Re: Library or Bookstore?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 pm 

It depends on the classes. Most of my math/science books weren't at the library, so I had to buy them. My English books, however, were usually available at the library so I just checked those out for as long as I needed them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 am 

That is a good tip for me to look out for. I will check out the library first. I always thought they weren't in libraries so we have to buy them. Like greentea said, I guess it will depend on
my classes. Every little bit of saving money will help!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 pm 

greentea wrote:
It depends on the classes. Most of my math/science books weren't at the library, so I had to buy them. My English books, however, were usually available at the library so I just checked those out for as long as I needed them.

I think that for English classes this might work if you are reading a specific novel. If it's a textbook though, good luck trying to find a library that will let you check out a book for more than 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:00 pm 

If you don't need a book for more than 6 weeks then, I guess the library may help. But, does this mean you cannot check it out again after 6 weeks are up?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:30 pm 

I will share some of your sentiments and say that most of the books I need are normally found in the library. In a few instances, I have had to purchase some books.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:59 pm 

Reagan wrote:
If you don't need a book for more than 6 weeks then, I guess the library may help. But, does this mean you cannot check it out again after 6 weeks are up?

Usually not. At all the libraries I've been to you check it out for a month. Then you can get it for another 2 weeks unless somebody else puts a hold on it. Then you have to let it go back to the shelves before you can check it out again later. If somebody has a hold on it then good luck.