College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What kind of dorm?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm 

Do you prefer a co-ed dorm?

I never thought it was a big deal, until I got to college. Then I discovered that I really did not prefer to deal with members of the opposite sex in my living area. I found that being in a same-sex dorm was a lot more comfortable and had more of a feeling of community.

Post subject: Re: What kind of dorm?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:57 pm 

I'd probably prefer to live in a same-sex dorm, too. I don't want to have to worry about dudes wandering around with their manly bits hanging out!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:15 pm 

I would want to live in a same sex dorm, too. I'd be too nervous with guys running around there all the time. They tend to become wild and rambunctious. There are probably rules, but still, boys will be boys.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm 

I think in my college there were coed dorms, while all the women were on certain floors and the men on other floors. I could handle something like that, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm 

I live in a co-ed dorm with a co-ed bathroom. At first I was a little worried about things like walking around after showering, or just being in the bathroom the same time as a boy, but you quickly get used to it. For the most part, the guys are all very respectful and seem even more shy about seeing a girl come out of the bathroom than the girls do when we're wrapped in towels and robes. One thing to note is this is a dorm strictly for juniors and seniors, so you don't have to worry about freshman boys who might be a little more crazy to live with.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 am 

We have co-ed dorms at my college but designated floors. One floor is female and the next floor is male etc, etc. I don't think I would like to live on the same floor with males I don't know. It would be awkward.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:42 am 

tmama wrote:
We have co-ed dorms at my college but designated floors. One floor is female and the next floor is male etc, etc.

That is how some of the dorms in my school are.

There are others that are boys in two rooms that share a bathroom in between them, then girls in two rooms that share a bathroom, and so on. They are considered more of an apartment style.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:10 pm 

If there were two seperate floors then that wouldn't be so bad. I could deal with that. Just hope the girls won't be a distraction for me! LOL