College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What did you like most
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am 

What school did you attend? What was your favorite thing or if you are currently attending what is your favorite thing about your school and campus? My favorite part is the sense of community on campus. Everyone is so helpful from the administrators to the professors and students.

Post subject: Re: What did you like most
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am 

I'm like you; I liked the sense of community at my small college.

I once had a prof call me in my dorm room to find out if I was planning to attend class that day, as I was running late. (The class only had four students and we were working on a group project that day.) I had to roll my eyes and tell him that that morning I was just pretending I went to a big university where the professors don't know your home phone number, or even your name. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm 

gogogadget wrote:
I'm like you; I liked the sense of community at my small college.

I once had a prof call me in my dorm room to find out if I was planning to attend class that day, as I was running late. (The class only had four students and we were working on a group project that day.) I had to roll my eyes and tell him that that morning I was just pretending I went to a big university where the professors don't know your home phone number, or even your name. :lol:

Eek, I find that kind of creepy! I like being friends with professors, but not if they're going to bug me at home about school stuff. I went to a big school, thankfully, so they didn't have time to track my every movement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 pm 

The school I attended was so large that they didn't care whether you were in class or not. It was totally being on your own. I was quite shocked that I could have fallen off the face of the earth and no one would have known or cared.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:17 pm 

The sense of community is what I most liked about the college I attended. I am hoping to join the same college for a second degree and I can't stop looking forward to the exact day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:41 pm 

I'm interested in getting a second degree online because of the convenience factor, but I remember the community aspect of my college days very fondly. I attended a fairly large school, so I was surprised when even people in the admissions office always remembered who I was. However, I did like the fact that no one looked out for you and you learned to be on your own. Seriously, if you don't learn that in college, you are in for a culture shock when you join the real world!