College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not as I planned?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm 

My senior year in high school, I had it all planned out. . . I was going to go to a D1 University on the East Coast, I was going to get all A's and make my first million dollars as a new graduate. I understand that I was naive and didnt really know much. However, I ended up on the five year graduating plan at a local University in the midwest, I'm broke and have no idea what I am going to do when I graduate and I am a B student at best. Not quite what I planned?

Post subject: Re: Not as I planned?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:40 am 

You are not alone. I had plans in high school that did not quite pan out like I thought they would. I ended up moving back home for a while, transferring twice, and now I'm a B student. I think naivety had a lot to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 am 

I'm sorry things haven't worked out as you envisioned. Let me give you some advice. Having to reevaluate and make a new plan is often the best thing that can happen to you. A lot of people have unrealistic goals. Now that you have a more realistic view, you have the opportunity to go forward with a solid, realistic plan. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:56 am 

Welcome to being an adult. College has definitely taught me that nothing will ever go exactly as planned. However, sometimes that's a good thing. Even though you feel a bit lost right now, these are the moments you'll learn the most from. It's preparing you for life on a deep level. One day you'll look back and see it. For now, just hang in there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm 

Things change and they never go according to plan. One thing I learned is not to have high expectations of situations or other people, only have high expectations for yourself. Those high expectations should include the ability to adapt and be flexible, no matter what happens. Keep your spirits up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:13 pm 

The first thing you need to learn is that plans never pan out like you thought they would. You need to roll with the punches and figure out a new way to get to your goal. Tenacity is what built this country.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 pm 

Dealing with curve balls can be the best thing to happen in college. It's a good introduction to real life! The only thing you can do is your best and adapt along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 pm 

I do not think that anybody's life turns out exactly as they planned. I think that learning to deal with the unexpected is what makes us great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 am 

While not exactly on the path I imagined in high school, I haven't deviated a whole lot. I think that you know deep down what you want to do and maybe these obstacles are just showing you the right path.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:15 pm 

Plans are never set in stone, they are more of guidelines and goals. I think a lot of people get shock, right after graduating high school. Just don't get to feeling down about your life. Sit down, and make some new goals, and study more. Everything will work out in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:58 pm 

I think that life throws you punches and maybe the stress of being a student is harder to deal with then you thought? I also had such wishes as great grades but hey life happens.