College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Online education?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:49 am 

I think there are degrees that you can get online or through distance learning- I would think education would be a hard one- you need hands on training.
Be sure its accredited- that is the #1 thing.
Online classes are great for stay at home moms or even for people who already are working and want to further their education or change fields.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 am 

The only problem I have with online courses (well, one that I know of, anyway) is that you can put them off. An older guy I know has been taking the same online course for, what, four years now? And he's just idling his time away. He has plenty of spare time at night to do his lessons and whatnot but he just keeps putting it off. I dunno about other online courses, but it seems like he can prolong his indefinitely.

Normal school, at least, forces you to get things done right away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 pm 

Online studying is great for busy people... but they offer a very limited course :( i just wish they well offer more courses to choose on..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:20 pm 

Check with the government for creditials for online colleges before picking one. There are some very good ones out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 pm 

One of the best things about online schooling is you can pay a small amount each month.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:01 am 

DianaR wrote:
Online education for teaching won't et you into a classroom. Most of the school districts don't recognize online education, as far as I know.

Rightly said...the same is in my country as well...the online degree is not recognize by many institution and companies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:28 am 

I think you will find more places than not accept online degrees now more than ever before.

As far as not getting the work done--I did most of my Associates Degree through my local community college--but it was done all online. Many of your universities have online schooling now. It is the same as being in college--you still have dead lines to meet--any class I had online--I had a specific schedule that I had to follow. They were not work at your own pace classes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:03 am 

Some online colleges such as UOP are not hoaxes. However, you may not learn as much, unless you really work hard, so many ways of cheating your way through. I went through UOP, but did it in the class environment and not online.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 am 

You can definitely earn an accredited education degree online. Just make sure your school's accreditation is accepted by your state licensing agency.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 am 

I went to an online school and I've been to a physical campus. The online school was tedious because class was one big im session. But it has it's pluses because you also can get up and go get something to eat without raising your hand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:41 am 

I am an educator myself, so this question is fascinating to me.
I teach music in grades K-6.

I had no idea it was possible to get a teaching degree online.
I am assuming you would still have to do your Observation Hours and especially your Student Teaching in a real school, so that part could NOT be completed online.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:53 pm 

Online colleges are pretty good. I was thinking of starting my MA at an online college. I plan to look into it. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 am 

Dear you are going in right directions today in online education system you can get the higher education via internet or from home, there are lots of universities who offering this facilities.

Post subject: Online education
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:04 am 

I want to about such universities in India where online education system is available. Can any one suggest me such universities in India where online education is accessible and no matter of attendance?????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm 

I have taken online courses myself and can attribute to the fact that it isn't a hoax. As mentioned though you really have to make sure the institution you sign up with is accredited. It's a good idea to do some research on their reputation, as well, as some are "for profit".