College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Literature Class
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:40 pm 

I have taken some amazing literature classes. I love classes that specialize in a certain genre of writing or a specific theme. I took a course where all the literature we studied was based on the conflict of man versus machine and though I was wary of it at first, I really got into it.

Post subject: Re: Favorite Literature Class
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:47 pm 

My favorite literature class was Children's Lit. I enjoyed reading Charlotte's Web. Old Yeller and Sounder and analyzing them. I enjoyed my Poetry class, too. I still don't understand how the professor could think that his interpretation was the only one that could be correct, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 pm 

I said this in another thread, but my favorite lit class was Irish Literature. We focused solely on James Joyce, and while I kind of wish we had gotten to other Irish authors, I can't regret learning so much about Joyce and his works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm 

We had a great English department in school. I took Popular Fiction, 19th Century Writers, 20th Century Writers, Science Fiction/Fantasy and a whole lot more. Popular Fiction was probably my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:16 am 

I had a comparative literature class that I really enjoyed. We looked at several major works that spanned several periods. I would have loved to have taken a class on children's literature. It seems like it would have been very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 am 

I loved my class on Literary Theory and Criticism. The course made me appreciate the craftsmanship that is present in a literary masterpiece. Our professor taught us how to analyze a novel, poem, or short story and evaluate the work in terms of its technical excellence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 am 

I like literature that focuses on spirituality and man's morality, values and virtues. One of my favorites is Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" and the teachings of Buddha. Of course the Holy Bible is the most important one.