College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone majored in photography?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 am 

I have always been interested in photography but never had the opportunity to take a class. I wanted to know how expensive taking a photography class can become? It would be a hobby for me but I am afraid of spending a lot of money on equipment.

Post subject: Re: Anyone majored in photography?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:15 pm 

You will definitely end up spending a lot of money on equipment plus the classes themselves. Paying for equipment is inescapable if you want to pursue this. If you are just doing it for the purpose of furthering your hobby, why not self-study? Go check out some books on photography at the library. Do a lot of research. It's a bit more work than having someone teach you, but it's also significantly cheaper.

Post subject: Anyone majored in photography
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:24 pm 

19 day left, all the debates are in the books. Do you all know who your going to vote for? Is anyone still on the fence??

Post subject: Anyone majored in photography
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:16 pm 

Theyre really good Ive been taking photography classes for a few years and you used most of the stuff that we learned.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 am 

If you can afford the equipment, go for it. I have always wanted to further my photography experience too. A friend of mine takes action shots at the local sports events on the weekends and the newspaper buys them from him. Another friend opened her own photography business and there is more work than she can do. It can be very lucrative or just a hobby. Your choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:13 pm 

My brother took photography out in California. I can't remember the name of the college. I remember my father complaining how expensive it was. Anyway, my brother ended up getting a job with a very famous photographer in LA, so it paid off for him. Besides, he can take some fantastic pics.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:16 am 

If photography is just a hobby, you might want to look into classes that are not at a college. You might find a cheaper class elsewhere, and you can spend the saved money, on the equipment you need. It also could not hurt to ask a local photographer, if you can volunteer to help them out, as a volunteer. You are sure to pick up tips, that way, and people are always glad for free help.