College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Business Communication
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:55 pm 

Business communication is one of my favorite classes related to business. I learned a lot about communication and writing that I would not have learned otherwise. A lot of the things I took from the class aren't even related to business but just to communicating with others.

Post subject: Re: Business Communication
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm 

That sounds like a great asset for life in general. Commuication has been a big problem in my family. Getting a point across in a clear and understanding way for the receiver is a talent or trait not too many people have.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:58 pm 

I agree, Alicia. The lack of communication skills place many people at a great disadvantage not only in the business world, but also in social environments. If you are unable to communicate effectively, you are going to have a difficult time in dealing with many situations. Business communication classes are a great choice for an elective regardless of your major, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:36 pm 

I agree that business communication can really benefit you no matter what major you are taking. I think everybody should have communication skills, especially with the way the internet has taken over as a major form of communication.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 pm 

Most people fail when it comes to communication. I had such a unit in my first year of study and I was surprised some of my classmates did not fancy this class.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 am 

shaque wrote:
Most people fail when it comes to communication. I had such a unit in my first year of study and I was surprised some of my classmates did not fancy this class.

I was surprised at how many students failed an intro business comm class. We communicate everyday. I guess in a formal atmosphere some students just have problems with it. It's an important skill though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:26 pm 

The one business communication class I took was very comprehensive. It covered not only business, but also written communication in general. It's a skill that many students lack these days. A class like this should really be a requirement regardless of your field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am 

I agree that Business Communication is not only a great course but an excellent way to gain skills needed in the workforce. And since we should all be a part of a 'workforce', it would be a beneficial course for everyone to take.