College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where do Massage Therapists Work
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 am 

Planning a career as massage therapist but have several questions in mind? Make sure to solve your queries before joining the the training and become a professional massage therapist. Students who consider a career as a massage therapist are often confused that where do a massage therapist work and what are the job opportunities one can get as a professional massage therapist?

There are various places where massage therapists might work. One might work at a massage parlor, physical therapy office, fitness center, spa, resort or at his own private office. Some massage therapists also have mobile businesses, which means they travel to their clients’ homes and offices and give massages there. One good way to look for jobs after you have completed the training to become a certified massage therapist is to visit a spa and resort expo or conference to learn more about the staffing and job needs of various spas and resorts.

In order to get one of these massage therapist jobs, you will need to train for a couple of years and complete hundreds of practice hours. It can take anywhere from a few months to a few years to really establish yourself. Massage therapists are likely to see a 20 to 35 percent increase in job opportunities through 2012, so there are definitely many good opportunities in the future.

Post subject: Re: Where do Massage Therapists Work
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 pm 

I have a friend who works on a cruise ship. She loves it because she gets to travel and the pay is great. She has quarters provided for her as an employee of the cruise line too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm 

I think massage therapy is one of the best jobs to do if you enjoy it, since you have SO many opportunities to work basically wherever you want! A job as a masseuse on a cruise ship sounds fantastic!

Post subject: Where do Massage Therapists Work
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:56 pm 

My favorite designer Bump for you Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 am 

I read that massage therapy is hard work both physically and mentally. But they can set their own hours and their own fees. I think it would be good to start your own business.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:46 am 

When I was in high school, one of the careers I looked into was massage therapist. I worried about my hands cramping, and hurting all the time, so I soon dismissed that idea.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:41 pm 

I heard that there is a company that employs blind people as their massage therapists. One of my friends tried their service and he was really satisfied by their job. The explanation was that blind people can focus more of their energy with their touches so they can be better at their job compare to those who can see.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:34 pm 

Due to an accident some years ago, I had to have massage therapy. It helped my injuries and I have been a regular every since. My therapist is in private practice and does quite well. Might I add, she is wonderful and very caring.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm 

With alternative medicine and homeopathic treatment becoming more prevalent, it seems like massage therapists would continue to do very well. Massage therapy is supposed to be very beneficial in relieving physical and mental stress, and I'm always reading that's one of the best things you can do for your health.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm 

Francis wrote:
I heard that there is a company that employs blind people as their massage therapists. One of my friends tried their service and he was really satisfied by their job. The explanation was that blind people can focus more of their energy with their touches so they can be better at their job compare to those who can see.

This is so cool! I never thought about this but it makes perfect sense. When you are blind your other senses are more acute. Many avenues and benefits for people and massage therapists!