College-Pages.com
College and University Education Forum
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Massage therapy school
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:01 pm 

I have always thought that massage therapy would be a good field to get into because it is something I enjoy and it pays pretty well. How hard are the classes? Are they expensive?

Post subject: Re: Massage therapy school
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:54 pm 

Hmm... never heard of this to be honest with you. If you are already willing to take classes and pay, you should consider physical therapy instead. That's just my view.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 am 

Massage therapy is a great option. I don't know how much the courses cost, but it would definitely be less costly then a 4-year degree. It is a good career to have if you value your freedom, because you can set up your own practice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:42 am 

It depends on where you choose to attend your massage training class. Basically Massage Therapy schools/class rates range from & 8 to & 17-20 per hour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 am 

Heathmike, I think that physical therapy is a completely different field than what Dorm is looking for. It is more closely related to medicine and is a Master's Degree these days. A massage therapy certificate is only a year or two and from what I have heard a couple thousand dollars.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm 

I have an idea that massage therapy classes aren't as expensive as as full-fledged bachelor's degree, and if it really only takes a year or two to complete then I'd guess it's relatively cheap. It does pay really good, though! I do know that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:13 pm 

heathmike wrote:
Hmm... never heard of this to be honest with you. If you are already willing to take classes and pay, you should consider physical therapy instead. That's just my view.

Massage therapy is quite popular. One would choose to take physical therapy if they wanted to go into that field and get a degree that would take longer. Physical therapy is entirely different from massage therapy. Massage therapy is a shorter and less expensive degree and would be more catered to what she wants to do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm 

Massage therapy is a growing field, but I think the cost depends on where you go. I do know that in most cases, you can get certified in less than a year. Of course this could also depend on the state you live in. In Ohio, you don't need a license from the state medical board to give a massage, so it doesn't take long, but this might not be the case for all states.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 pm 

Compares to some careers that take a degree, massage is a great bang for your buck. You take classes a lot on anatomy and physiology.