Individuals in search of campus-based and online education in the Northwestern U.S. will find ample opportunities in “The Gem State” of Idaho. Besides being the nation’s largest producer of potatoes, Idaho is home to several thriving technology companies and new vacation resorts. Idaho colleges and universities provide superior career training programs and prepare Idaho university students to enter a healthy job market after graduation.
Idaho’s Thriving Job Market Offers Exciting Employment Opportunities for Idaho University Students
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports business, education, health, government, manufacturing, and tourism as some of the top industries in Idaho. Other options for graduates of Idaho colleges and universities include the following large-scale companies and government facilities:
- Idaho National Laboratory: Idaho university students may find employment with this national nuclear energy research facility.
- Micron Technology, Inc.: Students of Idaho universities and colleges share a home with the only U.S. producer of dynamic random access memory chips.
- Hewlett Packard: Boise colleges and universities are located near this company’s large manufacturing plant.
- Dell, Inc.: Twin Falls colleges and universities are positioned near this technology company’s large customer support center.
Shifting Idaho Economy Means New Prospects for Graduates of Idaho Colleges
Idaho’s vast stretches of unspoiled land and access to winter sports have caused a recent growth in the Idaho tourist industry. Manufacturing has also now surpassed agriculture as one of Idaho’s largest industries. The U.S. Census Bureau and Department of Labor report wonderful statistics for Idaho university graduates:
- The September 2006 Idaho unemployment rate was 3%, over a full percentage point below the national average.
- 2004 – 2005 Idaho median household income was $45,009.
- 737,300 people are employed in Idaho.
- The 2004 Idaho gross state product was $43 billion.
Idaho College Students have Access to Generous Idaho Financial Aid Programs
Idaho schools, such as Kaplan University and University of Phoenix, are often eligible to accept awards from Idaho financial aid programs. The Idaho State Board of Education offers the following programs for Idaho college students:
- Idaho Governor’s Challenge Scholarship.
- Idaho Promise Category A Scholarship.
- Idaho Freedom Scholarship.
- Idaho Promise Category B Scholarship.
- Idaho LEAP Program. Idaho Work Study.
- Idaho Loan Forgiveness.
More information about working and studying at Idaho colleges and universities is available through College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will find access to an extensive list of Idaho schools as well as informative articles for making education and career decisions in the state of Idaho.