Thanks in large part to its gaming industry, Nevada boasts a healthy economy for working professionals and full-time students. It also offers an extensive network of Nevada colleges and universities for individuals in search of career advancement. Students from all life situations can easily find a degree program that meets their educational and financial needs in the state of Nevada.
Top Nevada Industries Employ Graduates of Nevada Colleges and Universities
As the only state to legalize gambling, Nevada has a thriving tourist industry. Nellis Air Force Base and the Nevada Test Site military facilities provide additional employment for graduates of universities in Nevada. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top 5 Nevada industries include:
- Nevada Leisure & Hospitality.
- Nevada Trade, Transportation, & Utilities.
- Nevada Professional & Business Services.
- Nevada Construction.
- Nevada Government.
Graduates of Nevada Universities and Colleges Enter a Thriving Local Economy
The manufacturing of aerospace equipment, seismic monitoring equipment, and gaming machines are additional contributors to an already strong economy in Nevada. Nevada college graduates have little reason to pursue out-of-state careers in a state that boasts:
- The September, 2006 Nevada unemployment rate was 4.1%, compared to the national average of 4.8%.
- 1,248,300 people are employed in Nevada.
- The 2004 – 2005 Nevada median household income was $48,496, approximately $2,000 above the national average.
- The 2003 Nevada gross state product was $88 billion.
Nevada Colleges and Universities Offer Unique Combinations of Campus-based and Online Learning
Whether living in Las Vegas or Northern Nevada, working professionals throughout the state have access to Nevada colleges and universities. Students can choose between campus-based and online learning programs, or combine programs through schools, such as:
- Kaplan University at Heritage College: Las Vegas College Campus and Online Programs.
- University Of Phoenix: Las Vegas University Campus, Reno College Campus, and Online Programs.
- ITT Technical Institute: Henderson College Campus, Las Vegas University Campus, and Online Programs.
For an extensive list of Nevada colleges and universities, students are encouraged to visit College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will also find links to informative articles about making education and career decisions in the state of Nevada.