With 49 Fortune 500 companies based in the state, working professionals who head back to school in Pennsylvania have an abundance of career options. Pennsylvania colleges and universities are training students to work in the commercial and industrial centers of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. College degree programs and career options throughout the “Keystone State” of the Northeast are more plentiful than ever before.
Graduates of Pennsylvania Colleges and Universities have Best Opportunities with Local Employers
Pennsylvania college graduates are prepared to effectively compete for local positions. Some of Pennsylvania’s top employers include:
- FedEx Ground headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- General Nutrition Centers headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Entercom Communications headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Kappa Publishing Group headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Mellon Financial headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- PNC Financial Services headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust headquartered in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Colleges and Universities help Working Professionals Thrive in a Strong Local Economy
With an unemployment rate and median household income on par with the national average, Pennsylvania offers a stable economy for working professionals with a college degree. Philadelphia shipyards and seaports on the Delaware River continually boost the Pennsylvania economy. The most recent statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau and Department of Labor reveal:
- The 2005 Pennsylvania gross state product was $430 billion.
- The September, 2006 Pennsylvania unemployment rate was 4.1%, equal to the national average.
- 5,999,600 people are employed in Pennsylvania.
- The 2004 – 2005 Pennsylvania median household income was $45,941, on par with the national average.
Students have Access to Flexible Programs at Pennsylvania Universities and Colleges
Pennsylvania universities throughout the state are now offering flexible degree programs that allow students to maintain work and personal responsibilities. Unique combinations of campus-based and online education programs are now available through Pennsylvania schools, such as:
Kaplan University: Broomall College Campus, Southampton University Campus, Pittsburgh College Campus, Philadelphia University Campus, and Online Programs.
University of Phoenix: Harrisburg University Campus, Philadelphia College Campus, Pittsburgh University Campus, and Online Programs.
ITT Technical Institute: Harrisburg College Campus, Pittsburgh University Campus, Monroeville College Campus, King of Prussia University Campus, Bensalem College Campus, Dunmore University Campus, and Online Programs.
For more links to Pennsylvania colleges and universities, students are encouraged to visit College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Students will also find access to informative articles on making education and career decisions in the state of Pennsylvania.