College-Pages.com  
 
     
   

The Secret Ingredient to Success as a Student Is…

By Brenda on January 15th, 2012
PDF RSS
 

online-degree-for-your-future.jpg

You probably enrolled in school because you have a vision for your life. Maybe its financial stability, providing for your family’s future, getting the big promotion at work or being the first member in your family to get a college degree. Whatever it is, it’s a dream worth pursuing. But how do we reach our dreams? What’s the secret?

So many students that enroll in college, whether it be on-campus or online never make it to the other side and see graduation day. How do you become one of the few that don’t end up being one of those dismal graduation statistics that leaves behind a road of regret, broken dreams and shattered goals?

The first thing to do in any situation is to identify the problem. When it comes to making it through college the enemy is resistance. You see, many students think it’s their lack of intelligence or something that has to do with IQ. The fact of the matter is it has nothing to do with that.

Don’t believe me? Research shows that 5% of the people in the world have what would be considered a genius level IQ. Then there’s the other 5% that have mental disabilities. Chances are you are in the pool of 90% of people who have reasonable intelligence – that’s where most successful people reside by the way. In other words, you were born with capacity to be able to graduate from college.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s get back to the problem of resistance. Resistance is an evil force that stops you from meeting your goals. Resistance will tell you things like, “you don’t know enough to graduate from college” or “you’re too lazy to finish”.

So what’s the secret to overcoming resistance? It’s called regular and consistent WORK. Yes, the big W. Regular and consistent work is also known as persistence. Calvin Coolidge once said, “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.  Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.  Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.  Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.  Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

The great thing about his statement is that anyone can be persistent. Persistence knows no race, creed, religion, or socioeconomic background. It’s an equal opportunity provider. So keep plugging away at school one assignment at a time. A house isn’t built all at once. It’s one brick at a time. Keep building brick by brick and pretty soon you’ll be looking up at your dream home. Good luck!

 

Category: Campus Degrees,Degrees,Online Degrees,Other and General