The “Beehive State” of Utah boasts an extensive network of Utah colleges and universities, along with an impressive economy. It has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the entire nation and average earnings above the national average. Utah college graduates currently have some of the best career opportunities in the state. Thanks to new, flexible education options, students from all backgrounds are able to attend Utah universities and colleges throughout the state.
Graduates of Utah Colleges and Universities Find Employment in Diverse Industries
A wide selection of occupations is available to Utah university graduates. Utah colleges and universities train students to compete successfully for jobs in exciting industries, including:
- Utah Aerospace Research.
- Utah Space Craft Production.
- Utah Computer Hardware and Software Production.
- Utah Tourism.
- Utah Government.
- Utah Electronic Systems Production.
- Utah Missile Production.
Strong Utah Economy Encourages Utah College Graduates to Pursue Local Careers
Tourism to ski resorts, national parks, and monuments helps to boost the economy in Utah. With one of the lowest unemployment rates in the U.S., Utah college graduates have little incentive to leave the state. The most recent statistics from the Department of Labor and U.S. Census Bureau reveal:
- The September, 2006 Utah unemployment rate was 2.2 %, compared to the national average of 4.2 %.
- The 2004 Utah gross state product was $82.6 billion.
- The 2004 – 2005 Utah median household income was $53,693, approximately $6,000 above the national average.
- 1,278,600 people are employed in Utah.
Utah Universities and Colleges Offer Unique Combinations of Campus-based and Online Degree Programs
Thanks to advanced technology, Utah colleges and universities now offer both campus-based and distance education programs. Working professionals, single parents, and students from all life situations are able to earn college degrees easier than ever before through Utah schools, such as:
- University of Phoenix: Ogden College Campus, Salt Lake City University Campus, Provo College Campus, St. George University Campus, and Online Degree Programs.
- ITT Technical Institute: Salt Lake City College Campus and Online Degree Programs.
- Kaplan University: Utah Online Degree Programs.
Prospective students may fill out a brief profile form to request more information from any Utah school of choice. An extensive list of Utah colleges and universities is available through College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website.